What you can expect from us
The information that you provide us will be kept confidential and will be maintained in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
These are the standards that you can expect when you contact the Speak Up service:
- Whenever you are in contact with us, we will treat you with respect and courtesy.
Confidentiality and data protection
- We will keep the information you provide us in the strictest confidence and in accordance with data protection legislation.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may be obliged by a court to comply with an order to reveal information related to your case. For this reason, we would ask you to reveal as little as possible about yourself or the organisation you work for when contacting us for the first time.
- If we subsequently provide you with a legal advice appointment, your information is likely to be legally privileged – please discuss this with your legal advisor.
Dealing with your concerns
- We will ascertain at the outset what you hope to achieve and discuss with you whether your expectations are realistic.
- We will come back to you on your query within a week, where possible.
- We will make every effort to explain things in a clear and straightforward way.
- We will provide you with impartial assistance.
- We will try to answer your query or otherwise assist you. If, however, this is not possible we will refer you to another organisation/individual as appropriate.
Help us to help you
In order that we can provide you with a high quality service, we ask that you help us by:
- Treating our staff and volunteers with courtesy and respect.
- Complying with the guidelines and instructions we give you when you contact us.
Comments, suggestions and complaints
We welcome your comments and suggestions on how we can improve our service. If you have any comments or suggestions, please contact smath[at]transparency.ie
If you would like to make a complaint about our service, please contact smath[at]transparency.ie. In the event that you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, please let us know and we will ensure that it is reviewed.