Transparency International (TI) Ireland offers regular internships on a rolling basis for Advocacy and Legal Executives. The purpose of this position is to support the work of TI Ireland particularly in regard to its Speak Up Helpline and the Transparency Legal Advice Centre (TLAC). The Helpline offers advice and free legal referral services to citizens, witnesses, whistleblowers and victims of corruption and white collar crime. TLAC provides free legal advice to those making disclosures of wrongdoing.
The main role and responsibilities involve:
- Legal research and analysis
- General research and analysis
- Speak Up communications handling
- Operating case/data management systems
- Drafting, proofreading, editing
- Support to the Legal Counsel (managing solicitor) and CEO
Additional responsibilities may include:
- General office administration
- Assistance with fundraising efforts
- Assistance with event organisation and management
The successful intern candidate will have:
- Office experience
- Highly motivated and organised
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- IT and presentation skills are essential
- Good interpersonal skills
Desirable experience includes:
- Legal training / experience
- Customer service experience
TI Ireland has a volunteer programme policy and is committed to supporting its interns to enjoy a worthwhile and rewarding volunteer experience. Out of pocket expenses are covered for all TI Ireland interns and volunteers.
Applicants should register their interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 28th of February.